Templates vs. Custom Web Design: Which is best for Your Business?
It is undeniable that a website plays an important role in the success of businesses today, as well as in putting their name out there. Potential customers go to their website to learn more about what they have to offer. Existing customers on the other hand could also visit to get an update, order products, communicate with customer support or make an appointment. If you are planning to get a website for your business but are not sure whether to use a template or have it custom made, understanding the pros and cons of each could help you in making your decision.
- Cheaper. If you are on a tight budget and you can’t afford to have your website customized, then a template might be a more practical option. It is the cheapest option as compared to the website designing.
- Faster to go live. Since the template is already there, you just need to add the content and images and it will be good to go. If you want a shorter development time for your website, this one is for you.
- Doesn’t require technical knowhow. They do not require coding experience and adding content can usually be simply done.
- Not unique. Many other websites could look like yours.
- Limited customization. While you may be able to customize some features, these are usually limited.
- May not be search engine friendly. This could affect the traffic that goes to your website.
- May not work on all browsers. You may not be able to reach as many people as you want if they cannot access the site on their chosen browser.
Custom Web DesignPros:
- Personalized. If you want to add different features to your website, this can be done.
- Unique. If you want your site to look different from others, go with a custom design. It will be easier for people to remember since it’s unique.
- Search engine friendly. Your web designer could code it in a way that it will be easier to be found by search engines.
- Browser friendly. It could also be made so that it will load fast and easily on all browsers.
- Flexible and adaptive. If your company grows and you need to make changes in the future, this can be done with a custom website.
- Costs more. This is more expensive than using templates. However, if you look around, you could find Oxford web design services that will customize your website at a reasonable price.
- May need professional service for maintenance or updates. Unless you have coding knowledge or you have a personal tech do the updates, you will need to hire the web design company again for this.
Templates vs. Custom Web Design: Which is best for Your Business? Reviewed by Dhanur Chauhan on 4:53:00 AM Rating: